Pages

instagram

Instagram

3 nut biscuits and a very very long day




its been a very long 3 weeks. I'm still in the old house and not moved into my dream home yet. Things are so complicated and the whole bureaucracy is killing me.

I say its lot I know but being alone with 2 kids is not easy. I struggle for time to do anything for myself. I often dream about having a day to myself without work, houseworks and children. But then I catch myself thinking how ungrateful I became to complain about all that.

Because the truth is?? I love being a mother. My kids are annoying, they are loud and demanding. But they are their own little selfs and they are growing to be good and kind and compassionate ones.

I often spend my days with them being without them really. I catch myself starting a game or an activity just to escape 2 min later to do some chores, to check my phone, to check email. But why? Why I cannot just sit down and play one more round of monkey game, or build one more space ship out of lego?

I'm starting to realise how little time I actually spend with them. Everything else takes over.  Reality is a bitch and I now know that.

Last night we made our fav biscuits:

3 NUT biscuits. Gluten free and vegan




Ingredients:

Wet:

2 spoons of coconut cream
2 spoons of vegetable shortening( i used trex)
1 spoon of coconut milk


Dry:

3 spoons of coconut flour
3 spoons of almond flour
3 spoons of gluten free flour
3 spoons of brown sugar ( or any sugar you wish)

topping:

2 spoons of crushed hazelnuts
1 spoon of brown sugar

Ice water if needed

How:

In a bowl mix together wet stuff, once is soft and smooth add slowly the dry mix. Mix well until combined. I used electric mixer then hands. With hands kneed dough until is smooth. Wrap in a cling film and refrigerate for min 30 min. 

Once ready, roll out and cut shapes out. 

Sprinkle with crashed hazelnuts and sugar mix.

Bake for 10-12 min in 180 


These are so incredibly easy and taste great with a cup of tea. 






Leave a Comment

Post a Comment